Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Wilmington Cornhole Championship
Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 12:00 PM (EDT)
From the Tailgate to the Pros!
Come show off your Cornhole Toss skills and walk away with
cold hard CASH!
$300 For 1st Place Team
$200 For 2nd Place Team
$100 For 3rd Place Team
November 1st @ The Beach House Bar & Grill
7219 Market Street
THE FIRST KEG IS ON US!!!
Pre-Register Now to ensure your team's spot!
Walk ups accepted Saturday from 12:00pm-1:00pm
Double Elimination Tournament Begins promptly at 1:00pm
WHAT IS CORNHOLE?
Well... It's Many things:
Corn toss, Bean Bag or Bean Toss. They all mean the same thing: Corn Hole. It's a game of fun for everyone (that rhymes), and it can be played everywhere!
It's similar to horseshoes, except you use wooden boxes called cornhole platforms and corn bags instead of metal stakes and horseshoes. Players take turns tossing their corn bags at the cornhole platform until someone reaches the score of 21 points. A corn bag in the hole is worth 3 points, while bags on the platform are worth 1 point.
Place on a flat surface 27 feet apart (front to front).
The cornhole board surface should be 2' x 4'.
A 6" hole, centered 9" from the back and 12" from either side.
There should be 8 bags, 4 bags of each color.
Each bag should be 6 inches by 6 inches and have 1 pound of corn inserted into each bag.
- 3 points for a cornhole bag that goes through the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging into the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the edge but not touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface, but also touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a cornhole bag that is on the ground. If you can remove the bag on the ground without the one of the board falling then a point is given.
- The team with the highest round score, adds the difference of the two scores to their game score.
- The team who wins the round is given honors to throw first in the next round.
- If both cornhole teams have the same round score then the game score stays the same and honors stays with the team who had it the previous round.
- A cornhole player's foot goes past the foot foul line (front of cornhole board).
- A player goes out of turn.
- The throw the foul occurs on is voided. If the bag is on the board remove it.
- In doubles play partners shall stand at opposite cornhole boards on the same side.
- Each cornhole team will have 4 bags of one color.
- All 8 cornhole bags begin at one end.
- A coin flip or rock/paper/scissors determines which cornhole team has honors in round one.
- The team who has honors will begin play by throwing a cornhole bag at the opposite cornhole board.
- A cornhole player may throw from anywhere behind the front of the cornhole board they are throwing from.
- Alternate throws between the two opponents until all 8 cornhole bags have been thrown.
- If a cornhole bag hits the ground then bounces up onto the board, remove that bag for it does not count.
- Count the points scored during the round. If no team has reached the 21 point mark start the next round until a team reaches 21. The team that scores the highest amount of points on the previous round will have honors.
*Cash prize based on 60 team entry. If less than 60 teams enter, cash prize will be equivalent to the percentage of teams registered against 60 capacity.